Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Friends Christmas Dinner


Every year we have a Christmas get together with good friends Tom & Loraine and Keith & Marie. We have been mutual friends for many years. When I was going through my divorce I moved into Tom's apartment above his TV business. Amy and I had a very nice apartment there for several years. Over the years that I lived there I got to be close to his wife, Loraine.

She was responsible for getting Harry and I matched up----and two years later she lost her tenant----Harry and I got married. They also are the couple who got us into RVing.

As most of you know, Marie and I are 2nd cousins but I like to think of her as a friend first. Harry and I do quite a bit of camping with Keith & Marie.

Both couples have been great friends to us and we look forward to many good times and laughs together in the future.

We had a wonderful dinner made by Keith & Marie. We started with shrimp cocktail. That is what you see on our plates in the picture. The main course was homemade chicken pies, sauteed brussel sprouts, woldorf salad, and biscuits. For dessert Loraine made a delicious chocolate cake with chocolate icing. All was topped off with after dinner drinks of Keith's Kaluha---and of course I had to finish the wine so we wouldn't have to carry open wine bottles home in the car! It was a wonderful evening of making new memories, remembering some old memories and wonderful friendships. Thanks Keith & Marie for a wonderful meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment