Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Amy's Birthday



Our daughter Amy celebrated a birthday on November 2nd while we were in Florida. We try to celebrate before we leave or after we return if we are not home on the actual day. I usually give the option of going out to dinner or having a family get together here at home with the dinner being their choice of a favorite meal and dessert. Amy usually likes a family dinner and one of her favorites is turkey ala king on waffles. She askes for it every year so I usually know what I am making for her ahead of time. And for her dessert I picked a cream puff cake. The meal turned out great and all 3 daughters and 2 granddaughters and my parents were here. It was a celebration a little late but still enjoyed by all. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!




We were very fortunet to have my parents be able to join us. My father who is 88 years old has been not feeling well for several weeks. I went to the cardiologist with him to have his pacemaker checked and the battery was low causing his heart to beat ineffectively resulting in signs and symtoms of heart failure. They scheduled the pacer change date on the day we were having Amy's dinner. We went to the hospital in the morning. The procedure went well and we were home by 2:00 that afternoon. He was already feeling better that evening and had no problem eating his fill of the turkey and waffles!

No comments:

Post a Comment